Collaboration & Partnerships
AU has a long-standing practice of working collaboratively with other Canadian and international post-secondary educational institutions, with professional associations and employer groups and with First Nations institutions and communities to facilitate access to university-level study. Over 350 formal collaborative agreements are now in place. In addition, students enrolled at other post-secondary institutions make extensive use of AU courses and educational services to help them complete their degrees.
Educational partnerships provide real opportunities for you. Through AU's partnerships with other post-secondary institutions, you can, for example, add AU courses to your program at a partner institution, take classroom versions of AU courses at a partner institution or enrol in AU programs while studying at or working for a partner institution.
Through established transfer agreements, AU also recognizes previous education that you may have obtained through colleges, technical institutes or professional organizations. Block credit transfer arrangements have been established with numerous educational providers across Canada, granting program graduates a specified number of credits toward particular AU degrees.
Visit the Learning Services Collaborations web page to learn more about our educational partners, the different types of partnerships in which we are engaged and the educational opportunities available to you as a result.
AU is a member of the following collaborative institutions:
- OERu (The Open Educational Resources university) a consortium of more than 29 higher educational institutions on five continents supporting the assessment and accreditation of learners using OER.
We have partnership agreements with the following international institutions:
- Anna University Chennai, India
- Beijing Normal University, China
- Chengdu University, China
- National Central University, Taiwan
- National Kaohsiung First University of Science & Technology, Taiwan
- National Science and Technology Program Office for e-Learning, Taiwan
- National Sun Yat-sen University, Taiwan
- National University of Tainan, Taiwan
- "Politehnica" University of Timisoara, Romania
- SIM University (UniSIM), Singapore
- Soochow University, China
- Stamford College, Malaysia
- Tecnológico de Monterrey (ITESM), Mexico
- Universidad EAN
- Universidade Eduardo Mondlane (UEM), Mozambique
- Università Politecnica delle Marche, Italy
- University of Joensuu, Finland
- University of Maryland University College (UMUC), U.S.A.
- University of Oviedo
- University of Tunis, Tunisia
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU), India
We maintain additional educational or research agreements with the following institutions and organizations:
- Access Media Group
- E-Learning for Business Coalition
- Xerox Canada