Decision Analysis (Revision 7)
View previous syllabus
Area of Study: Applied Studies
(Business and Administrative Studies)
Faculty: Faculty of Business
ACCT 454 is not available for challenge.
ACCT 454: Decision Analysis provides advanced coverage of managerial accounting concepts and the use of accounting information for managerial decision making. This course aims to develop a conceptual understanding of the role of management accounting information in supporting management decisions. Through a case-based approach, you will apply cost management theory to real-life scenarios. Along the way, you will develop your ability to assess a managerial situation and apply the appropriate managerial accounting tools or theory to develop your analysis and recommendations.
The course comprises 10 lessons.
- Lesson 1: Strategy, Management Accounting, and Decision Analysis
- Lesson 2: Using Costs in Decision Making
- Lesson 3: Activity-Based Costing Systems and Activity-Based Management
- Lesson 4: Measuring and Managing Customer Relationships
- Lesson 5: Measuring and Managing Process Performance
- Lesson 6: Measuring and Managing Life Cycle Costs
- Lesson 7: Behavioural and Organizational Issues in Management Accounting and Control Systems (MACS)
- Lesson 8: Using Budgets for Planning and Coordination
- Lesson 9: Investment Decisions and Capital Budgeting
- Lesson 10: Responsibility Accounting and Financial Control
|5 Quizzes||Assignment 1||Assignment 2||Assignment 3||Final Exam||Total|
|15% (3% each)||10%||10%||15%||50%||100%|
To learn more about assignments and examinations, please refer to Athabasca University's online Calendar.
The textbook for this course (Decision Analysis, Custom Edition for Athabasca University) is a compilation of content from the following:
Atkinson, A. A., Kaplan, R. S., Matsumura, E. M., & Young, S. M. (2012). Management accounting: Information for decision-making and strategy execution (6th ed.). Pearson Higher Education.
Horngren, C. T., Daktar, S. M., Rajan, M. V., Beaubien, L., & Graham, C. (2016). Cost accounting: A managerial emphasis, (7th Can. ed.). Toronto: Pearson Canada.
The textbook publisher is offering a print-on-demand option in which you may purchase an unbound copy of the textbook at a discounted rate; you can also acquire a print textbook on your own, if you wish.
All other learning resources will be available online.
Microsoft Office (Excel).
Current as of: January-20-2017 1:55
|Institution||Dates||Delivery||Contact||Grande Prairie Regional College - Business|
|Wednesday & Friday 1-2:20 PM|
|Classroom & Online||Bill Corcoran|
Athabasca University reserves the right to amend course outlines occasionally and without notice. Courses offered by other delivery methods may vary from their individualized-study counterparts.
Opened in Revision 7, November 23, 2016.
View previous syllabus
Updated November 24 2016 by Student & Academic Services