Ask AU

Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.

Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"

Our closest match to your question:

Are there fee exceptions for students with military or diplomatic status?

Canadian diplomats, members of the Canadian Forces, and their spouses posted outside of Canada are assessed the appropriate fee based on the province or territory of their permanent residence.

Students who meet these criteria are required to provide documentation to Athabasca University in the form of an identification card or letter from the appropriate authority (embassy or Armed Forces base).

For more information, email the Office of the Registrar at or contact the Information Centre.

Explore Questions by Topic

Not finding your answer? Contact us.

For a thorough response, please provide these additional details:

AU students are encouraged to use the email address noted on their student record:

* What can we help you with?

The personal information collected on this form will be used for the purpose of processing requests, creating student records and for generating market research statistics. This personal information is being collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection and use of this information, contact FOIP Policy Coordinator Athabasca University, Athabasca University, 1 University Drive, Athabasca, AB Canada T9S 3A3. Telephone: 780-675-6111.