Questions? Ask AU
Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.
Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"
Our closest match to your question:
How do I get a Student Visa?
If you are seeking entry to Canada for the purposes of study, you will need to apply to a traditional school that has on-campus classes. Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not consider Athabasca University eligible to issue a Letter of Acceptance for the purpose of obtaining a study permit because AU students can remain at home and study while enrolled in AU programs and courses.
Athabasca University international students who are part of an AU collaboration agreement with another institution which requires them to attend classroom courses here in Canada will need study permits. Contact Learning Services Collaborations at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- How fast can I complete a course?
- What are your fees?
- How long does it take to complete a course?
- How do I transfer credit?
- What are your admission requirements?
- How do I apply to Athabasca University?
- Can I request an extension?
- When do your courses start?
- Am I eligible for a course refund?
- What programs or courses does Athabasca University offer?
Open House Webinars
Interested in becoming a student? Join one of our free monthly open house webinars and see how Athabasca University can help you meet your educational goals.