Strategic Supply Chain Management
Delivery Mode: Online
Faculty: Faculty of Business
Participants will explore all aspects of supply chain management (SCM) strategy in their organizations, from the relationship between logistics and SCM, to supply chain mapping, performance measurement using a balanced scorecard, and implementation of supply chain management. Students will examine traditional industry models as well as those that encompass new concepts such as value constellations and business ecosystems. This course assumes previous knowledge of logistics process diagnostics and supply chain strategies.
By the end of this course, students will have gained a solid understanding of:
- Supply chain management versus logistics at their organization
- Purposes and methods of supply chain mapping; how supply chain mapping differs from process mapping
- Supply chain performance measurement and financial contributions
- Creating a balanced scorecard
- Different approaches to implementing supply chain management
Students will go through process steps for implementing a supply chain management strategy in their own organizations.
Updated April 13 2016 by Student & Academic Services