Athabasca University holiday closure 2023
Athabasca University is closed for the holidays on the following dates:
- End of day at 4:30 p.m. (Mountain) on Friday, Dec. 22, 2023, through Jan. 1, 2024.
- AU staff will be back in the office at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2024.
- Full phone service resumes on Thursday, Jan. 4, 2024.
If you have a question about AU while we’re closed, try our automated system Ask AU. Ask AU is also a great place to start even when we’re open!
All other contact information for university student services, departments and more can be found at AU: Contact Us. We will respond to all inquiries in the order they were received when regular business operations resume.
Please also keep in mind that AU’s social media channels will not be actively monitored during the holiday break.
A note about exams
Although the exam request process will not be affected by the closure, the Examination Services unit will not be processing exam requests during this period.
We strongly encourage all students who plan to write exams the week of Jan. 2-8, 2024 to submit the exam requests no later than Dec. 20, 2023, to ensure they are processed before the university closure.
AU encourages learners to use ProctorU whenever possible, but undergraduate learners can have their online exams invigilated by any third-party invigilators approved as part of AU’s Exam Invigilation Network, in addition to ProctorU.
If you are having your online exam invigilated in person, it is your responsibility to confirm your invigilator’s availability.
Booking your exam
Regardless of your choice of invigilator, booking an exam is still a two-step process:
- Book your exam invigilation appointment with your invigilator keeping in mind you must provide at least 10 days notice when submitting your exam request
- Book your exam with AU through MyAU. Ensure you select the write date to match the date you have scheduled with the invigilator
The exam must be written within the course contract and the request must be made 10 days before your requested write date. If you do not submit a request 10 days before the course end date, you will need to purchase an extension.