Game Day Management & Marketing (HCKY) 644
Game Day Management & Marketing
Delivery Mode: Online
Prerequisites: Complete a business or management degree at a recognized post secondary institution Complete the CHP Professional Education Program (CHP-PrEP) through BHI’s academic partner, Athabasca University. Accumulate a minimum of three years of managerial experience within hockey-related organizations
Faculty: Faculty of Business
This course examines the opportunities and challenges associated with the successful production of live hockey games. With a limited number of home games, it is essential that the game day operations and long-term revenue potential of each game be maximized.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of organizational sub-units as they relate to Game Day operations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the sales function and apply effective sales strategies to Game Day operations.
- Apply project management concepts and frameworks to support Game Day marketing and management.
- Coordinate the various aspects of Game Day operations, and know how each of these can be viewed as sub-projects of the master project for Game Day operations.
- Run and integrate aspects of the Game Day operations as sub-projects.
- Create strategies to utilize human resources (including volunteers) to enhance Game Day experiences.
- Design overall integrated communication objectives for Game Day.
- Maximize the variety of communications tools that are available for Game Day.
- Use collaborative strategies with media outlets which are covering the game.
- Maximize facility attributes to enhance Game Day experience.
- Collect, analyze, and evaluate Game Day information to improve Game Day effectiveness.
Athabasca University reserves the right to amend course outlines occasionally and without notice. Courses offered by other delivery methods may vary from their individualized-study counterparts.