Athabasca University

Athabasca University


Your Question: Can I request an extension

Our Response: Can I request an extension?

Undergraduate course extensions are available for individualized-study courses only. Students who are unable to complete their course during their course contract period may apply for an extension. Each course may be extended up to three times, and each extension is valid for a two-month period.

How to Request an Extension

  • Option 1: Login to MyAU, and choose "Apply for a Course Extension" under the "Manage your Courses" options. You will need to pay the relevant fee online.
  • Option 2: Submit a Course Extension Request form and include the appropriate fee for each extension requested. Mail or fax your completed form to the Office of the Registrar.

All extension requests must be received by the Office of the Registrar a minimum of one month before your course contract ends. The extension starts on the first day of the month following your course contract end date. Students with course extensions must complete all course work by the end date of the extension period.

More information: Calendar course extension information and AU's Course Extension Policy