Ask AU

Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.

Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"

Our closest match to your question:

Who can supervise my exam?

Students outside of Calgary or Edmonton must be supervised by an invigilator, a person authorized by Athabasca University to oversee the writing of an exam.

AU has established a network of approved exam invigilation centres across Canada.

If you are studying outside of Canada or are located more than 100km from any of our exam invigilation centres, you must arrange for an invigilator that meets our invigilator guidelines and is pre-approved by the Office of the Registrar.

The invigilator may be a full-time professor (at accredited post-secondary institution) or appropriate designate such as a high school teacher or librarian. The invigilator cannot be a relative, friend, neighbor, co-worker, supervisor, another Athabasca University student, or a person living at the same address as the student taking the exam.

Explore Questions by Topic

Not finding your answer? Contact us.

For a thorough response, please provide these additional details:

AU students are encouraged to use the email address noted on their student record:

* What can we help you with?

The personal information collected on this form will be used for the purpose of processing requests, creating student records and for generating market research statistics. This personal information is being collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection and use of this information, contact FOIP Policy Coordinator Athabasca University, Athabasca University, 1 University Drive, Athabasca, AB Canada T9S 3A3. Telephone: 780-675-6111.