Ask AU

Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.

Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"

Our closest match to your question:

What mark will I get if I withdraw or do not complete the course?

Early Withdrawal - Within 30 Days

Students who withdraw before or within 30 days after their course start date are considered early withdrawal. The registration will not appear on your transcript, and will be deleted from the official record.

After 30 Days from Course Start

Beyond 30 days after the course start date, and on or before the course end date, your transcript will indicate a "W" (withdrawal), and credit will not be awarded for the course.

After Course End Date

You cannot withdraw after the course contract end date. If no cours work has been completed, a grade of "F" (failure) will be assigned and recorded on your transcript.

Related Information

Explore Questions by Topic

Not finding your answer? Contact us.

For a thorough response, please provide these additional details:

AU students are encouraged to use the email address noted on their student record:

* What can we help you with?

The personal information collected on this form will be used for the purpose of processing requests, creating student records and for generating market research statistics. This personal information is being collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection and use of this information, contact FOIP Policy Coordinator Athabasca University, Athabasca University, 1 University Drive, Athabasca, AB Canada T9S 3A3. Telephone: 780-675-6111.