Ask a Question

Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.

Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"

Our closest match to your question:

What is a T2202A?

The T2202A is an official income tax receipt issued by qualifying educational institutions for tuition, education and textbook tax credits. Each student must determine whether or not they are eligible for these tax credits on a personal income tax return based on their own circumstances.

Where do I get my T2202A?

You can access your T2202A through myAU.

Why doesn’t the amount on my T2202A match the amount I paid for my courses?

  • A T2202A only reports “eligible fees.” Non-tuition related fees (such as Student Association fees) are not eligible. For detailed tax information, visit the Canada Revenue Agency website.
  • Tuition, which does not include Student Union or Alumni fees, is calculated from your start date. Course contracts that extend beyond December 31, are pro-rated over the length of the contract.
  • The months reported on a T2202A are for each month in the calendar year you were enrolled as a full-time or part-time student. Course contracts that extend beyond December 31, are pro-rated over the length of the contract.
  • Course extensions are not considered for the purposes of calculating full or part time status, however, students will receive financial credit for the fees paid on an extension.
  • Only tuition and fees greater than $100 are eligible for T2202A.

Will the University send my T2202A to me by email?

No. Due to the non-confidential nature of email, under no circumstances will the University disclose this information to anyone through email.

What if the address on my T2202A is incorrect, do I need a new T2202A?

No. You may submit the T2202A information as received even if the address is incorrect. According to CRA, it is not necessary for students to submit the T2202A with the income tax return unless CRA requests it.

Can I print a duplicate copy of a T2202A?


Who may I contact at the University about T2202A inquiries?

Why am I receiving a "Supplemental Information to Tuition and Enrolment Certificate for Tax Year 2018"?

The supplemental information to tuition and enrolment certificate for tax year 2018 (breakdown by month) may be required for completion of your 2018 Federal or Provincial Income Tax Return if you are preparing your tax return in a province that eliminated either the tuition tax credit or education tax credit during the calendar year.  Please refer to the Government of Canada website at for additional information.


See more: When will my tax receipt be issued?

Updated by Web Services - Advancement