Ask AU

Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.

Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"

Our closest match to your question:

How do I request a Challenge For Credit exam?

When you are ready to write your challenge for credit exam, you must complete and submit an Examination Request form, available online through myAU or Office of the Registrar’s Printable Forms.

Challenge for credit examinations are completed at an AU-approved invigilation centre. Before you submit your Exam Request form, consult your invigilator and inform the Office of the Registrar of the date you wish to write.

When the challenge for credit process involves an invigilated exam, most general exam regulations apply. Supplemental Examinations and Unwritten Examinations are not applicable to challenge exams.

More information on the Challenge for Credit option.

More information on exam requests.

If you have other questions about exams, email the Examination Services Unit in the Office of the Registrar.

Explore Questions by Topic

Not finding your answer? Contact us.

For a thorough response, please provide these additional details:

AU students are encouraged to use the email address noted on their student record:

* What can we help you with?

The personal information collected on this form will be used for the purpose of processing requests, creating student records and for generating market research statistics. This personal information is being collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection and use of this information, contact FOIP Policy Coordinator Athabasca University, Athabasca University, 1 University Drive, Athabasca, AB Canada T9S 3A3. Telephone: 780-675-6111.