Ask AU

Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.

Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"

Our closest match to your question:

How do I make a payment by E-Transfer?

Students are encouraged to use the online application and registration process with credit card or interac/ debit payment.

If an alternate process is necessary, it is possible to make payment by E-Transfer. Additional processing time is required (generally completed in 5-7 business days).

E-Transfer: The first step is to submit your application or registration form by email to: 

E-transferring of funds to Athabasca University can be done by sending the e-transfer to with the following information in the message field:

  • Your unique 7-digit Athabasca University student ID number (if a current student)
  • Your full name (required in the event the e-transfer is coming from someone other than yourself, such as a parent or spouse)
  • Type of fee you are paying for (course fee, application fee, etc.)
  • Course name and number you are paying for (if applicable)
  • Email address & phone number (to contact you if necessary)
  • If you have questions, email for assistance.

Explore Questions by Topic

Not finding your answer? Contact us.

For a thorough response, please provide these additional details:

AU students are encouraged to use the email address noted on their student record:

* What can we help you with?

The personal information collected on this form will be used for the purpose of processing requests, creating student records and for generating market research statistics. This personal information is being collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection and use of this information, contact FOIP Policy Coordinator Athabasca University, Athabasca University, 1 University Drive, Athabasca, AB Canada T9S 3A3. Telephone: 780-675-6111.