Ask a Question

Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.

Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"

Our closest match to your question:

How do I get permission to take a course at another university?

If you are enrolled in a program at Athabasca University, you must request a Letter of Permission from Athabasca University, which allows you to take up to a maximum of eight 3-credit courses or equivalent per session at another institution. The Letter of Permission is valid for one year from the session start date.

Your Letter of Permission Request form must be received no later than one month prior to receiving institution's registration deadline.

Email, Mail, fax, or deliver the completed request form to

Office of the Registrar
1 University Drive
Athabasca, Alberta T9S 3A3
Fax: (780) 675-6174

More information on the Letter of Permission can be found in Section 6.11 of the Calendar.

Updated by Web Services - Advancement