Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.
Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"
Our closest match to your question:
Payment in full is required when you apply as a student or register for a course.
- Online Application/ Registrations:
- Credit card (Mastercard or Visa)
- Visa Debit, Mastercard Debit
- Interac Online
Students are encouraged to use the online application, registration and payment process. The following alternative options will require additional processing, completed in approximately 5- 7 business days.
- E-Transfer: The first step is to submit your application or registration form by email to: email@example.com. E-transferring of funds to Athabasca University can be done by sending the e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information in the message field:
- Your unique 7-digit Athabasca University student ID number (if a current student)
- Your full name (required in the event the e-transfer is coming from someone other than yourself, such as a parent or spouse)
- Type of fee you are paying for (course fee, application fee, etc.)
- Course name and number you are paying for (if applicable)
- Email address & phone number (to contact you if necessary)
- If you have questions, email email@example.com for assistance.
- Mail or Fax Registrations: Credit card (Mastercard or Visa), cheque or money order. Returning student paying by cheque should ensure that their student ID number is clearly written on the cheque
- In-person Registrations at AU Locations (Athabasca, Edmonton or Calgary): Credit card, cheque, money order, cash or debit - Temporarily unavailable due to COVID-19 restrictions
To avoid duplication of charges or processing:
- Do not mail original documentation after you have registered by fax
- Do not fax requests that have already been submitted using the University’s online system
Full payment must accompany application forms regardless of the registration method used (online, in person, by mail, or by fax). Requests with insufficient fees cannot be processed until full payment is received.
See the Calendar: Fees, Refunds and Financial Assistance.
More information: What are your fees?