Ask AU

Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.

Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"

Our closest match to your question:

Do I need a Letter of Permission from my college or university to take a course with Athabasca University?

If you wish to obtain credit for a course taken at Athabasca University to fulfill program requirements at your home college or university, you should request a Letter of Permission from your home institution to ensure that the AU course credits will be transferable.

AU is not able to select courses for visiting students, but we can give you some assistance reviewing available options.

Though a Letter of Permission is recommended, AU does not require you to submit a copy.


Explore Questions by Topic

Not finding your answer? Contact us.

For a thorough response, please provide these additional details:

AU students are encouraged to use the email address noted on their student record:

* What can we help you with?

The personal information collected on this form will be used for the purpose of processing requests, creating student records and for generating market research statistics. This personal information is being collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection and use of this information, contact FOIP Policy Coordinator Athabasca University, Athabasca University, 1 University Drive, Athabasca, AB Canada T9S 3A3. Telephone: 780-675-6111.