Ask AU

Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.

Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"

Our closest match to your question:

Do I always need to send in my transcripts?

Transcripts must be submitted if you are registering in a program and have previous post secondary education that you would like to have evaluated for transfer credits.

Official transcripts of previous education must be submitted directly from each institution (under your direction or authorization) to the Admissions Unit in the Office of the Registrar. Athabasca University will evaluate all post-secondary course work completed in Canada and/or the United States. In some cases, additional documentation, such as course outlines, may be required for the evaluation to proceed. Additional documentation may be submitted directly by you or by the institution.

More information on Evaluations and Transfer Credit can be found in Section 6.8 of the Calendar.

Explore Questions by Topic

Not finding your answer? Contact us.

For a thorough response, please provide these additional details:

AU students are encouraged to use the email address noted on their student record:

* What can we help you with?

The personal information collected on this form will be used for the purpose of processing requests, creating student records and for generating market research statistics. This personal information is being collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection and use of this information, contact FOIP Policy Coordinator Athabasca University, Athabasca University, 1 University Drive, Athabasca, AB Canada T9S 3A3. Telephone: 780-675-6111.