University Certificate in Game Development and Programming
The University Certificate in Game Development and Programming (UCGDP) at Athabasca University is designed to meet the needs of the game industry by providing students with a solid technical base in game development and programming.
Program Learning Outcomes
- demonstrate knowledge, insight and understanding related to various aspects of game development and programming;
- exhibit familiarity with the flow of game development and the main substantive areas of game programming;
- have a comprehensive idea of the social, economic and cultural implications of game development;
- think critically and develop games in a conscious, systematic manner; and
- exhibit strong network programming, 3D programming, and artificial intelligence programming capabilities in game development and programming.
Possible Career Options
- Network programmer
- UI programmer
- AI programmer
- Graphics programmer
- Sound programmer
- Internet game programmer
Updated August 17 2017 by Web Strategy, University Relations
View this program's academic requirements.