University Certificate: English Language Studies
Number of credits required from Athabasca University: 0 credits.
Maximum credit awarded in this program for prior learning through Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) processes: 0 credits.
Program Learning Outcomes
As a result of completing this program, students should be able to
- demonstrate an understanding of English language and culture, particularly in a North American context.
- demonstrate an ability to speak and write in English.
- apply their knowledge to business and professions requiring good command of English.
Possible Career Options
- Linguistic and Cultural Interpreter
- Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) Instructor
- international business
- professional fields
Possible Further Education Options
- further university study
- Bachelor of General Studies
These are not extensive lists. Some career and education options may require advanced degrees, further training or experience. For help identifying more options, visit http://www.athabascau.ca/counselling/.
For program information, visit http://www.athabascau.ca/programs/.
For contact information, visit http://www.athabascau.ca/misc/chairs.htm.
Office of the Vice-President, Academic. Last updated February 2005.
Copyright (©) Athabasca University 2005. All rights reserved.
Updated June 27 2017 by Web Strategy, Advancement