University Certificate: Computers and Management Information Systems
Number of credits required from Athabasca University: 15 credits.
Maximum credit awarded in this program for prior learning through Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) processes: 6 credits.
Program Learning Outcomes
As a result of completing this program, students should be able to
- demonstrate skills and knowledge related to management principles, techniques and tools essential to the application of computers and information systems in the business environment.
- demonstrate an understanding in the role of a business professional with sophisticated understanding of trends and issues related to information systems, including how to align information systems with business goals, and the more technical aspects of information systems management.
Possible Career Options
- Computer Consultant
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Informatics Consultant
- Informatics Security Analyst
- Information Systems Business Analyst
- Information Systems Quality Assurance Analyst
- Information Technology (IT) Consultant
- Management Information Systems (MIS) Analyst
- Systems Auditor
- Systems Consultant
- Systems Security Analyst
Possible Further Education Options
At Athabasca University
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Management
- Bachelor of Arts – Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science – Computing and Information Systems
- Bachelor of General Studies
These are not extensive lists. Some career and education options may require advanced degrees, further training or experience. For help identifying more options, visit http://www.athabascau.ca/counselling/.
For program information, visit http://www.athabascau.ca/programs/.
For contact information, visit http://www.athabascau.ca/misc/chairs.htm.
Office of the Vice-President, Academic. Last updated February 2005.
Copyright (©) Athabasca University 2005. All rights reserved.
Updated May 30 2017 by Web Strategy, Advancement
View this program's academic requirements.