Bachelor of Science: Human Science (4-Year Post Diploma)
Number of credits required from Athabasca University: 30 credits.
Contact us for more information about the BSc PD Human Science Program.
Maximum credit awarded in this program for prior learning through Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) processes: 15 credits.
Program Learning Outcomes
As a result of completing this program, students should be able to
- draw accurate conclusions from engagement of scientific endeavour with logical application of scientific method.
- achieve accurate insights through scientific inquiry in a dependable and consistent manner.
- usually produce good results from independent lab, field and practice situations related to the discipline.
- adeptly estimate and use measurement and calculation to reach useful conclusions.
- convey qualities of samples, specimens, environmental experiments and results accurately and in detail.
- show advanced insight and clever selection of needed equipment.
- accurately portray, explain and interpret data calculation and results of scientific processes related to the discipline.
- consistently apply hunches and new insights to create new equipment, combine resources or find evidence supporting new conclusions.
- provide needed resources, in useful and orderly ways, for scientific processes related to the discipline.
- create engaging, lively accounts of scientific processes and/or findings.
- demonstrate skilled, adept presentation of scientific ideas and practices in writing.
- use advanced, broad skills in oral presentation of scientific information and conclusions.
- skilfully wield computer software and allied equipment and supplies.
- take part in scientific endeavour through literature searches, conference attendance or other intervention in the related scientific disciplines.
Possible Career Options
- Technologist in a lab
- Writer/Journalist especially related to human science
- more senior post in career (EMT, Medical Technician and other related positions)
Possible Further Education Options
At Athabasca University
- Master of Arts – Integrated Studies (MAIS)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Education in Distance Education (MEd)
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Distance Education Technology
- Master of Counselling (MC)
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Counselling
At Other Educational Institutions*
- graduate studies
- medical/dental/veterinary school
- education: bachelor/master
* Entrance requirements vary among educational institutions. It is the students’ responsibility to research the entrance requirements of other educational institutions.
Updated April 26 2017 by Web Strategy, Advancement