Learner Support Services
Although the convenience of independent learning may appear to require less effort-no regular classes to attend and no scheduled completion dates for assignments-it requires more discipline and self-motivation. As a distance student, you will learn to budget your time, stay motivated, and complete your academic requirements. Learner Support Services is dedicated to all learners from the initial inquiry through to the successful completion of your program.
Counselling Services can help you:
- clarify your educational and career goals
- decide on a program of study
- develop study and time management skills
- identify and overcome barriers to your learning
- Balance your studies, family and employment obligations
Advising Services can help you:
- develop program plans
- select courses
- interpret transfer credit assessments
- interpret AU policies and procedures
- complete Student Finance study plans
If you are a student with either a temporary or permanent disabling or medical condition; ASD may assist with:
- providing academic accommodations
- arranging learning support services
- gaining access to and training for assistive technology
- obtaining alternative format for course materials
- providing information regarding course management
Other Learner Services and Resources
- AU Learning Link is on site at the University of Alberta in HUB Mall. The Learning Link is here to provide an opportunity for students to obtain information and assistance in planning their educational programs without leaving the UofA campus.
- AU's Library provides distance library service to AU students.
- Math Site: This site offers self-testing for math readiness, remedial help, a way to discover your preferred learning style and numerous presentations of interest from diverse perspectives.
- Write Site: This site is designed to assist students with academic writing assignments. Students can use this service to receive feedback about the writing component—organization, mechanics, grammar, and style—of an assignment before they submit it to a tutor for marking.
- Technical Support (Computing Services IT Help Desk) will help you obtain information about using AU computing resources.
Student & Academic Services - Last Updated September 29, 2015
- Services A-Z
- I have a different question