Athabasca University offers online and distance programs and courses to students across Canada and around the world. We’re different from traditional universities, and we might be right for you.
Why distance education?
There are several benefits to continuing your education online with AU.
- Accessibility – wherever you are, your campus is there.
- Flexibility – your classes take place when and where it’s convenient for you.
- Affordability – our course fees include all learning materials and tutorial support.
- Adaptability – you can take a few courses or a full program leading to a certificate, diploma or degree. You can even take an AU course to fulfil a requirement from another university.
Athabasca University was Canada’s first provider of distance and online university education, and we’re still the largest. We are innovators and leaders in distance education. We are focused on the future of learning.
We offer approximately 850 courses in more than 55 undergraduate and graduate programs in areas that include
- computing and technology
- distance education
- nursing and health
Undergraduate courses start monthly and you can apply anytime. All you need is to be 16 or older.
Accredited, recognized and respected
Our courses and programs are recognized throughout North America, and we are the first Canadian university to be accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
What our grads say
Since 1996, the province of Alberta has sponsored a study of post-secondary graduates 2 years after graduation. This study is done by an outside company and results are shared with the schools. Year after year,
- more than 95% of our grads are satisfied with the quality of their AU education
- more than 95% of our grads would recommend AU to others
- nearly 90% say they are in a job related to their field of study
Updated February 16 2016 by Web Strategy, Advancement