If the content you are seeing is presented as unstyled HTML your browser is an older version that cannot support cascading style sheets. If you wish to upgrade your browser you may download Mozilla or
Internet Explorer for Windows.
When you have completed Sociology 345/Women's Studies 345: Women and Work in Canada, you should be able to achieve the following course objectives:
- Describe the paid and unpaid work that women have historically carried out in Canada, drawing on specific examples.
- Describe the change and continuity in Canadian women's paid and unpaid work today and in the past, drawing on specific examples.
- Summarize and critically assess the major theories that attempt to explain women's work in the formal economy and in the home.
- Explain how paid work has been a site of equality and empowerment for women as well as a site of inequality and disadvantage.
- Identify three important work issues currently facing Canadian women and outline potential strategies for change.