Questions? Ask AU
Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.
Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"
Our closest match to your question:
Can I request an extension?
Undergraduate course extensions are available for individualized-study courses only. Students who are unable to complete their course during their course contract period may apply for an extension. Each course may be extended up to three times, and each extension is valid for a two-month period.
How to Request an Extension
Option 1: Login to MyAU, and choose "Apply for a Course Extension" under the "Manage your Courses" options. You will need to pay the relevant fee online.
- Option 2: Submit a Course Extension Request form and include the appropriate fee for each extension requested. Mail or fax your completed form to the Office of the Registrar.
All extension requests must be received by the Office of the Registrar a minimum of one month before your course contract ends. The extension starts on the first day of the month following your course contract end date. Students with course extensions must complete all course work by the end date of the extension period.
Updated May 31 2013
- When do your courses start?
- What are your fees?
- What programs or courses does Athabasca University offer?
- How do I transfer credit?
- When can I write my exam?
- What are your admission requirements?
- How long does it take to complete a course?
- How do I request a transcript?
- How fast can I complete a course?
- Can I receive credit for Prior Learning?
New Student OrientationOur undergraduate student orientation provides an overview overview of the services and resources available to you as a student.