Questions? Ask AU
Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.
Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"
Our closest match to your question:
Who can get information on my file?
Athabasca University maintains the confidentiality of records in accordance with the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. In most cases, information will not be released to third parties without the explicit consent of the student. Exceptions, which include legal investigations and fine or debt collection, are explained in the Act.
All other information requires that a student complete a Release of Information Waiver, which indicates who AU may release information to, and what information may be provided.
Once a student has printed off the form, provided the necessary information, and returned the signed form to Athabasca University, the Academic Records area may then release information only to the parties indicated.
- What are your fees?
- How fast can I complete a course?
- Can I request an extension?
- How do I transfer credit?
- How do I apply to Athabasca University?
- What are your admission requirements?
- When do your courses start?
- How long does it take to complete a course?
- What programs or courses does Athabasca University offer?
- How do I request a transcript?
Open House Webinars
Interested in becoming a student? Join one of our free monthly open house webinars and see how Athabasca University can help you meet your educational goals.