Questions? Ask AU
Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.
Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"
Our closest match to your question:
Who can get information on my file?
Athabasca University maintains the confidentiality of records in accordance with the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. In most cases, information will not be released to third parties without the explicit consent of the student. Exceptions, which include legal investigations and fine or debt collection, are explained in the Act.
All other information requires that a student complete a Release of Information Waiver, which indicates who AU may release information to, and what information may be provided.
Once a student has printed off the form, provided the necessary information, and returned the signed form to Athabasca University, the Academic Records area may then release information only to the parties indicated.
- How fast can I complete a course?
- What are your fees?
- How long does it take to complete a course?
- How do I transfer credit?
- What are your admission requirements?
- Can I request an extension?
- How do I apply to Athabasca University?
- When do your courses start?
- Am I eligible for a course refund?
- What programs or courses does Athabasca University offer?
Open House Webinars
Interested in becoming a student? Join one of our free monthly open house webinars and see how Athabasca University can help you meet your educational goals.