Questions? Ask AU
Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.
Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"
Our closest match to your question:
What is block transfer credit?
Through articulation agreements with other institutions, Athabasca University accepts many college diplomas and other credentials as blocks of transfer credit toward Athabasca University programs. In these cases, the student’s transcript is reviewed, and transfer credit is awarded as a block of credit rather than on a course-by-course basis.
Block transfer arrangements are most often associated with specific programs and may not be applicable to all Athabasca University credentials. Only complete credentials qualify for block transfer, otherwise, the transfer credit will be assessed on a course by course basis.
More information on Transfer Credit can be found in Section 6.8.1 of the Calendar.
- How fast can I complete a course?
- What are your fees?
- Can I request an extension?
- How do I transfer credit?
- How do I apply to Athabasca University?
- What are your admission requirements?
- When do your courses start?
- How long does it take to complete a course?
- What programs or courses does Athabasca University offer?
- How do I request a transcript?
Open House Webinars
Interested in becoming a student? Join one of our free monthly open house webinars and see how Athabasca University can help you meet your educational goals.