Questions? Ask AU
Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.
Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"
Our closest match to your question:
How do I withdraw from a course?
You may withdraw from a course at any time up until the end date of the course. However, you may not withdraw from a course if you have completed the final exam.
You have two ways to withdraw from a course:
- Log in to myAU and complete the withdrawal process for the course, or
- Complete a Course Withdrawal Request form (included with your course materials) and send it to the Office of the Registrar.
The date of withdrawal will be the postmark on the request, or, if the notice is hand-delivered or faxed, the University date stamp, or the date of the online submission.
Refund Information: Am I eligible for a refund?
You may also be interested in:
- How fast can I complete a course?
- What are your fees?
- Can I request an extension?
- How do I transfer credit?
- How do I apply to Athabasca University?
- What is a T2202A?
- When will my tax receipt be issued?
- What are your admission requirements?
- When do your courses start?
- How long does it take to complete a course?
Open House Webinars
Interested in becoming a student? Join one of our free monthly open house webinars and see how Athabasca University can help you meet your educational goals.