Ask a Question

Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.

Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"

Our closest match to your question:

How do I change my program?

To change programs online, log in to MyAU and complete and submit the "Change of Program" form on the first tab in the Manage Your Courses section. To change programs by mail or fax, complete and submit Athabasca University's General Application Form.

You must comply with regulations that are in effect at the time the change takes place. Course work completed previously, including transfer credit, will be reassessed and applied towards your new program in accordance with the applicable regulations.

Athabasca University students may also return to a previous program of study or version of a program, but only if the previous program or version is still being offered.

If you are currently enrolled in a program of study that is no longer offered or has changed substantially, you should carefully consider your options before requesting enrolment in a new program. Athabasca University's Advisors are ready to assist you in determining the results of your requested change in credential.

For more information about changing your program, contact the Office of the Registrar.