Questions? Ask AU
Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.
Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"
Our closest match to your question:
How are courses taken at Athabasca University?
Athabasca University has two basic delivery modes:
- Individualized Study - Study individually and at your own pace, using course materials we provide and support from your tutor.
- Grouped Study - Study as part of a group, in a classroom or online.
AU is increasingly moving towards offering courses exclusively online in both delivery modes.
Within these broad delivery modes, coursework can involve independent and supervised labs, audio and video components, and other specialized tools and components.
For information on the delivery modes and learning tools for specific courses, view our online course descriptions.
- What are your fees?
- How fast can I complete a course?
- Can I request an extension?
- How do I apply to Athabasca University?
- What are your admission requirements?
- How do I transfer credit?
- How long does it take to complete a course?
- When do your courses start?
- How do I request a transcript?
- What is Athabasca University's ranking in Canada?
Open House Webinars
Interested in becoming a student? Join one of our free monthly open house webinars and see how Athabasca University can help you meet your educational goals.