Questions? Ask AU
Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.
Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"
Our closest match to your question:
Are there any costs for writing exams?
In general, exams are included in the cost of your course, with the following exceptions:
Many exam invigilators will charge a fee to invigilate student exams. Students may also be required to pay invigilation fees to the institution providing invigilation for their exam.
AU does not charge fees to invigilate exams scheduled during regular business hours at any of its three locations; however, some universities, colleges, and other institutions do charge an "external student" fee to supervise exams. Students are responsible for any expenses they incur for exam invigilation service.
More information about examination fees can be found in Section 5.6 of the Calendar.
- What are your fees?
- How fast can I complete a course?
- Can I request an extension?
- How do I apply to Athabasca University?
- What are your admission requirements?
- How do I transfer credit?
- How long does it take to complete a course?
- When do your courses start?
- How do I request a transcript?
- What is Athabasca University's ranking in Canada?
Open House Webinars
Interested in becoming a student? Join one of our free monthly open house webinars and see how Athabasca University can help you meet your educational goals.