Questions? Ask AU
Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.
Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"
Our closest match to your question:
What are your admission requirements?
To enter Athabasca University as an undergraduate student, you must be 16 or older. No other conditions apply, though certain programs require prior education to enrol.
You don’t need to enrol in an AU program to take our courses.
You must have an undergraduate degree to apply for most graduate programs. Doctorate programs require a master’s degree.
You can take some graduate courses without being admitted to the program if you meet the non-program student requirements for that program. Requirements for graduate programs are listed on that program’s website.
Some undergraduate and graduate programs may have additional enrollment requirements or restrictions. Before applying to a specific program, visit our Programs pages to learn about the requirements for the program of study you would like to enter.
More info: Admission Requirements
- How fast can I complete a course?
- What are your fees?
- How long does it take to complete a course?
- How do I transfer credit?
- What are your admission requirements?
- How do I apply to Athabasca University?
- Can I request an extension?
- When do your courses start?
- Am I eligible for a course refund?
- What programs or courses does Athabasca University offer?
Open House Webinars
Interested in becoming a student? Join one of our free monthly open house webinars and see how Athabasca University can help you meet your educational goals.