Questions? Ask AU
Get real-time answers to common questions about AU, including fees, admissions, courses, programs, transcripts, and exams.
Ask in the form of a question, such as "When do your courses start?"
Our closest match to your question:
How do I transfer credit?
To transfer credit from other institutions, transcripts must be submitted for evaluation. Your transcripts cannot be officially evaluated unless you are enrolled in a program at Athabasca University, but our online transfer credit assessment tool can be used to estimate how your course credits might transfer towards an AU degree.
Requesting a Transfer Credit Evaluation
If you are a new student and wish to apply to an AU program, you can request a transfer credit evaluation during the process of completing the undergraduate application.
Students who are already enrolled as unclassified, visiting, or inactive students who would like to enrol in an AU program can request a transfer credit evaluation by logging in to myAU and completing a Change of Program. While completing the form, you will have the option of requesting an evaluation.
In both cases, you will be required to pay an evaluation fee.
How long will my evaluation take?
Evaluations take time. When Transfer Credit Services receives all transcripts, supporting documents, and fees, your evaluation request enters a queue.
See the current processing times.
Can I register for courses while waiting for my evaluation?
Yes! You may register for courses while you wait for your evaluation to be completed. If your course duplicates course work already completed, you can only receive credit for one of the courses. We cannot officially approve courses as being applicable to your program until your evaluation is complete.
More information: Evaluations and Transfer Credit
You may also be interested in:
- How do I transfer military credits to Athabasca University?
- How do I get permission to take a course at another university?
- Do I need permission from my college or university to take a course with Athabasca University?
- Can I receive credit for Prior Learning?
- As a commercial pilot, how much credit can I receive towards a degree?
- What is block transfer credit?
- How do I get assistance interpreting my transfer credit evaluation report?
- What are transfer credits?
- What are your fees?
- How fast can I complete a course?
- Can I request an extension?
- How do I apply to Athabasca University?
- What are your admission requirements?
- How do I transfer credit?
- What programs or courses does Athabasca University offer?
- When do your courses start?
- How long does it take to complete a course?
- How do I request a transcript?
Open House Webinars
Interested in becoming a student? Join one of our free monthly open house webinars and see how Athabasca University can help you meet your educational goals.