Graduate program fees vary, depending on the credential and faculty chosen. However, all programs have an application fee, and most require an admission fee after you’re accepted into the program.
As with our undergraduate programs, fees are different for students who live outside Canada – review your program’s fee descriptions carefully to make sure you’re getting the information that applies to you.
Graduate tuition fees include the Athabasca University Graduate Students’ Association (AUGSA) fees.
Select your graduate program from the list below to see your fees.
- Master of Arts – Integrated Studies (MAIS)
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Heritage Resource Management (PBD: HRM)
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Legislative Drafting
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Note: In addition to our original Online Executive MBA and its accelerated entry program, AU offers three specialized MBA degrees with varying cost factors.
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Management
- Master of Counselling
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Counselling
- Post-Masters Certificate in Counselling
- Doctor of Education (EdD) in Distance Education
- Master of Education in Distance Education (MEd)
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Distance Education Technology
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Instructional Design
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Instructional Design
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Technology-Based Learning
Nursing & Health
- Master of Health Studies
- Master of Nursing (MN)
- Post-Masters Diploma: Advanced Nursing Practice/Nurse Practitioner
Science & Technology
- Master of Science in Information Systems (MScIS)
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Information Technology Management (PBC ITM)
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Data Analytics (PBC DA)
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Information Security (PBC IS)
- Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Architecture (PBDA)
Some graduate programs allow students to take a course or two as non-program students. Tuition is charged on a per-course basis, and varies from program to program. A non-program application fee may also apply. To see the tuition fees associated with a particular program, please see the list above.
Other graduate fees
Some programs include additional program- or course-related fees. All programs have academic or administration fees that may or may not apply to you, depending on your circumstances. Details of all additional fees are on each program’s fees page.
Updated April 18 2016 by Web Strategy, Advancement